Often when new legislation is passed municipalities have little time to make adjustments before it goes into effect. Additionally, some municipalities may not be notified of the changes and go unaware of adjustments that need to be made. Here at MyGov we wanted to break down the new changes made in the State of Texas to Bill: HB 852 related to permit and inspection fees so you don’t have to go through the confusing process of deciphering the meaning of new legislation on your own. KEY DETAILS Below is a list of the key details you need to know:
- Prohibits residential fee calculation using dwelling value.
- Prohibits residential fee calculation using construction or improvement value.
- Applies to residential project fee calculations.
- No longer allows municipalities to schedule residential permit and inspection fees based on valuation.
- Requirement of applicant to disclose valuation is prohibited.
- The act was passed on April 16, 2019 by the House and May 8, 2019 by the Senate.
- The act was put into effect on May 21, 2019 after being signed by the Governor.